Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
Welcome back, Warriors
This fall, we look forward to welcoming Warriors back to an in-person campus experience. Warrior Safe is Warrior Strong! Wayne State University coronavirus response site includes up-to-date information, the Campus Daily Screener and guidelines for campus safety.
- Fall 2021 plan
- Campus COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Testing
- Navigate campus safely
- Student Information
Information about your classes
How to connect to a Teams class session
- To install the app version of Teams:
- Navigate to: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
- Click on Download Teams
- Follow the installer prompts
- Open the application and sign in using the access ID form of your WSU email (email@example.com); you will be prompted a second time to enter in your WSU credentials
- A class session will be created for all sessions that will need to meet online
- You will see the calendar invite for the session in both the Teams Calendar as well as your Wayne State Office 365 Outlook Calendar
- Please be sure to mute your microphone and turn off your camera during the online session while others are speaking. You may turn both items on in order to speak/present.
How to view Echo360 lecture videos
- Navigate to your class Canvas page
- Click on the Echo360 Recordings link on the left-hand class menu
- The recordings that your instructor uploaded will be displayed
How to take an online exam using Respondus LockDown Browser
- The Respondus LockDown Browser will need to be downloaded from and then installed on the student computer; the browser will be used in lieu of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Students will need to have a webcam, microphone and internet access
What advising services and/or resources are available for current students?
Undergraduate: Current students
The Division of Academic Services will provide Virtual Open Advising/Office Hours each Tuesday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm through Zoom. A link and directions are provided below.
If you are not available for Virtual Open Advising on Tuesdays, please schedule a virtual appointment with your advisor through Advising Works. When scheduling the virtual appointment, indicate your meeting preference (via phone or Microsoft Teams or Zoom video conference) and your phone number in the comments for scheduling.
Already assigned undergraduate students
Please schedule an appointment at:https://stars.wayne.edu/. Click the blue button at the top "Make an Appointment," then select "Select type of service, department or activity and subject of appointment."
Current WSU undergraduate students wanting to change to a College of Education major
Please schedule an appointment at:https://stars.wayne.edu/. Click the blue button at the top "Make an Appointment," then select "Select type of service, department or activity and subject of appointment." Select "Explore [MAJOR]". Follow the prompts for name and availability.
Current WSU undergraduate students wanting to explore a College of Education minor
Please schedule an appointment at:https://stars.wayne.edu/. Click the blue button at the top "Make an Appointment," then select "Select type of service, department or activity and subject of appointment." Select "Explore [MINOR]". Follow the prompts for name and availability.
Undergraduate: Prospective students
Please contact Academic Services during Virtual Open Advising/Office Hours each Tuesday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm through Zoom. A link and directions are provided below.
If you are not available for Virtual Open Advising/Office Hours on Tuesdays, please review the list of undergraduate advisors by program or service found on our Undergraduate Advising page and contact the advisor directly through the e-mail address provided.
Graduate: Current students
If you need to meet with your faculty advisor, please contact them through e-mail to determine the virtual options they have available.
If you need the assistance from the Division of Academic Services, we will provide Virtual Office Hours each Tuesday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm through Zoom. A link and directions are provided below.
Graduate: Prospective students
Please contact the Division of Academic Services during Virtual Open Advising/Office Hours each Tuesday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm through Zoom. A link and directions are provided below.
Virtual open advising/office hours - How it works
After connecting through Zoom and once we open Virtual Open Advising/Office Hours on Tuesdays, you will enter the waiting room. The room moderator will ask your questions to determine how best we can assist you. When an advisor or staff member is available, we will move you to a breakout room to meet one-on-one with that advisor or staff member. You must accept the invitation to join the breakout room.
The virtual environment will function much like face-to-face Open Advising/Office Hours. There may be a waiting time to meet with an advisor or staff member. In addition, advisors and staff members will be away during their lunch.
Join Zoom meeting directions for virtual open advising/office hours every Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Meeting ID: 250 662 575
- One tap mobile +16468769923,,250662575# US (New York) +13126266799,,250662575# US (Chicago)
- Dial by your location +1 646 876 9923 US (New York) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 253 215 8782 US +1 301 715 8592 US +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 250 662 575
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adV4afKfo3
What advising services and/or resources are temporarily suspended?
No academic advising services will be suspended.
The Division of Academic Services is closed for campus meetings. Face-to-face meetings, appointments and services are suspended. All services are provided virtually as described above.
Whom do I contact with advising questions or issues?
If you are unable to reach your undergraduate academic advisor or your graduate faculty advisor, please send an e-mail message to one of the e-mail addresses below:
- Undergraduate Issues/Concerns/Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Issues/Concerns/Questions: email@example.com
- All other concerns should be directed to Assistant Dean Paul W. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I get technical assistance?
- Computing & Information Technology (C&IT) Knowledge Base
- Zoom Support
- Zoom Help Topics
- Phone: 313-577-4357 or email@example.com
Who do I contact about Canvas issues?
- Utilize the Student Training Course within Canvas
- Contact the C&IT Helpdesk at 313-577-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an unprecedented time in everyone's lives and it is easy to put self-care on the back burner. The college has launched Mental Health and Wellness Clinic (MHaWC), specifically, aimed to provide services designed to improve the mental health and well-being of the students, families, and community throughout the state of Michigan. We accomplish this through several types of services, broadly counseling/psychotherapy-based and art-based. We also provide assessment services.
The Academic Success Center's Learn Anywhere webpage has links to numerous resources to assist online learning, as well as tips to help students navigate this transition. The Student Service Center has many resources available to assistant students.
All libraries are closed to the public per executive order. We understand that some students depend on the libraries for technology to complete their coursework. With this in mind, we are currently working on a plan that allows students access to technology. We will share the details as soon as they are available. In the meantime, please visit our Library Resources website for resources and support in completing online coursework.
- Use the Ask-a-Librarian feature for help or questions that are not already covered in the guide.
- Physical books are not available for checkout at this time, but you can browse the libraries' online collection.
- If you have an overdue book, keep it for now; fines will be waived during this time to prevent holds from the library.
Visit the library webpage for further updates.