Wayne State University College of Education students and graduates are in demand for a wide variety of careers in teaching, teacher education, instructional design, leadership and policy, kinesiology, sports administration, educational psychology, and counseling — in fact, our alumni represent nearly a quarter of school administrators in Michigan. With a growing number of jobs available, let us help you connect with the employers looking to fill them.
Professional Development Workshops (April 7 - 28, 2021) in Preparation for the Job Fair
Get prepared for the Education Job Fair with the College of Education and Wayne State University Career Services preparation workshop. Learn job fair tips, have your resume reviewed, learn how to set up your virtual profile in the CareerFairPlus app, and more. Get Ready to be Hired! Registration required.
Visualizing Your Future Career: Virtual Vision Board Workshop
Apr 7, 2021 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Join the College of Education and WSU Career Services for a virtual vision boarding workshop! This will be a hands-on, interactive session geared toward helping students discover what is important to them in their future career. This workshop is geared toward Education students at any level!
Job Searching Basics: Resumes, Interviewing, and More
Apr 14, 2021 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Get prepared for the Education Job Fair with WSU Career Services and the College of Education! We will be discussing resumes and cover letters, effective job searching techniques, interviewing tips, and more. Have your resume handy for this workshop!
Navigating the School Job Search
Apr 21, 2021 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Join the College of Education and the Metropolitan Detroit Bureau of School Studies for a conversation with HR professionals about navigating the school interview process. We will discuss what applicants can expect to experience in their job search as K-12 schools begin to transition back to in-person learning.
What to Know Before Attending the Virtual Education Job Fair
Apr 28, 2021 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Join the College of Education to hear how the Education Job Fair will function in a virtual space! We will provide a demonstration of the Career Fair Plus app and discuss what you can expect as a participant in this year's Virtual Job Fair. WSU Career Services will provide tips on interviewing in a virtual space and best practices for researching employers before the event.
Education Job Fair - Wednesday, May 5, 2021
The College of Education invites students and alumni, education professionals, and others interested in education careers to attend its virtual job fair on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. The event will take place online from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Connect with employers
- Meet your future employer. Recruiters from the Midwest region, including out-of-state school districts, will interview candidates for a variety of open positions. More than 30 employers are expected to attend and will be looking forward to meeting you.
- Explore your career options. Learn about available opportunities in education. Employers are seeking candidates for K-12 jobs in teaching, administration, special education, counseling, school librarianship, paraprofessionals, and more.
- Network with key contacts. Connect with other education professionals and learn more about organizations that need people with your skills.
Career Fair Plus app
Use the Career Fair Plus app to guide you through the education job fair. You will be able to:
- View a current list of participating organizations
- Use filters to search, star your favorite organizations, and take notes
- Schedule appointments and have virtual interviews with recruiters individually or as a group
- Get tips on preparing your cover letter and resume, dressing for success, and interviewing
Job Fair Registration
There is no fee for participation, but candidates must register online by Tuesday, May 4, 2021, to reserve a spot with a recruiter. When you register, you will receive information about setting up your profile and scheduling appointments with recruiters.
Interested recruiters/employers in participating in the College of Education job fair, should contact Mary Waker at email@example.com.
Contact Mary Waker, Academic Services Officer IV, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students and Alumni
Handshake is our web-based recruiting platform that allows you to post jobs and connect with students directly. For complete details on how to set-up an account, as well as how to use Handshake effectively, check out the Handshake tab.