Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC)
The Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is required for all candidates who want to obtain Michigan teacher certification. When registering for the MTTC, be sure to select Wayne State University (31) as a College or University to Receive Scores. The Division of Academic Services provides access study.com, a virtual test preparation classroom. Information about the MTTC.
Preparing for the Test
- It is recommended that students take their MTTC Exam(s) after consultation with their advisor.
- Students should review the MTTC test objectives.
- It is recommended that students begin studying for their MTTC Exam(s) several months prior to taking it. The College of Education provides free access to Study.com by completing the request form.
Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) for Arabic, French, Spanish, or Bilingual-Bicultural Education
Students pursuing teacher certification in one of these areas are also required to successful pass the OPI (OPI information) to become certified. Currently the following minimum scores are required:
- Arabic: Intermediate High
- French: Advanced Low
- Spanish: Advanced Low
- Bilingual-Bicultural Education: Advanced Low in a foreign language
Navigating Study.com and the MTTC Study Guide
Study.com is an online resources to help you prepare for the MTTC by utilizing virtual classrooms, practice quizzes, tutorial videos, and flash cards!