Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC)
The Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is required for all candidates who want to obtain Michigan teacher certification. When registering for the MTTC, be sure to select Wayne State University (31) as a College or University to Receive Scores. The Division of Academic Services has a success coach, Daniel Lewis, who can assist students with a study plan and provide access to study.com, a virtual test preparation classroom. More information about the MTTC exam can be found by clicking below.
Preparing for the Test
- It is recommended that students take their MTTC Exam(s) after consultation with their advisor.
- Students should review the MTTC test objectives before contacting Daniel Lewis. Test objectives can be found here.
- It is recommended that students begin studying for their MTTC Exam(s) several months prior to taking it. The College of Education provides free access to Study.com by completing the following request:
Daniel Lewis (Success Coach)
- Daniel Lewis can provide assistance in the following areas; creating a study plan, review of the MTTC study guide, navigating Study.com, time management, testing strategies, and other useful testing resources. To schedule time with Daniel Lewis:
- Open advising is every Tuesday from 9:00 - 4:00 p.m. (Currently we are meeting virtually).
- Go to stars.wayne.edu
Navigating Study.com and the MTTC Study Guide
Study.com is an online resources to help you prepare for the MTTC by utilizing virtual classrooms, practice quizzes, tutorial videos, and flash cards!