Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC)
The Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) is required for all candidates who want to obtain Michigan teacher certification. When registering for the MTTC, be sure to select Wayne State University (31) as a College or University to Receive Scores. The Division of Academic Services has a success coach, Daniel Lewis, who can assist students with a study plan and provide access to study.com, a virtual test preparation classroom. More information about the MTTC exam can be found by clicking below.
Preparing for the Test
- It is recommended that students take their MTTC Exam during their final clinical experience.
- It is recommended that students start studying for the exam 3 months before taking it. Students can meet with the success coach, Daniel Lewis, to create a study plan and get access to study.com.
- Students should review the MTTC test objectives before contacting Daniel Lewis. Test objectives can be found here.
Contacting Daniel Lewis
- Send Daniel Lewis an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 313-577-1601 to gain access to study.com. In your message include the following:
- Full Name
- Teaching Subject Area(s) for the MTTC
- Phone Number and Wayne State Access ID
- Anticipated Exam date (month/year)
- Meeting with Daniel
- Open advising is every Tuesday from 9am to 4pm in Room 489 of the Education Building
- Go to https://advisingworks.campus.eab.com/
- Need help scheduling an appointment? View the instructional video below:
Daniel can help you create a study plan, review the study guide, and offer general test taking tips & strategies.
Study.com is an online resource to help you prepare for the MTTC by utilizing virtual classrooms, practice quizzes, tutorial videos, and flash cards!