The College of Education offers minors to students from other colleges, as well as students in the college. This gives your résumé a competitive edge while also allowing you to study what you are passionate about.
Students may elect to add one of our minors to their program by completing the online form.
Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies
- Community Health
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Sport Coaching
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport Management
- Yoga and Mindfulness
Teacher Education Division
Students must complete all courses in their minors with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.0. Students may major and minor in the same department, but students cannot major and minor in fields with the same title.
- Who has to declare a minor?
- Minors are optional for College of Education majors. Majors from other colleges should consult with their advisor to determine if they have to declare a minor.
- What can I minor in?
- How do I declare a minor?
You can add a minor to your program by completing the online form.
- Can I major and minor in the same field?
You can major and minor in the same division/department, but you cannot major and minor in fields with the same title. For example, you can major in Community Health and minor in Yoga and Mindfulness or major in Sport Management and minor in Sport Coaching. But you cannot major in Community Health and minor in Community Health.
- Transferring courses into WSU that count towards my minor
If I am transferring courses into WSU that count towards my minor, how many classes do I still have to take at WSU to complete a minor?
A minimum of one course unless otherwise specified.